Friday, November 19, 2010

Getting started.

This is the first time I've ever published a blog so I'm a little weary, but at the same time I'm excited to express my views and opinions in a forum that can be viewed by many people.  I am a person that is committed to being open and honest and so I will approach this blog in the same manner.  Today I can say that I'm in a good place in my life because many things are falling into place.  Not too long ago I was faced with many obstacles and setbacks that had me in a dark place in my life.  When I graduated high school I thought I had it all.  I had a girlfriend, many friends, I was admitted to UCR, I had a new car, and I was out on my own for the first time.  The world was my oyster and I felt like there was nothing I couldn't do; however it all came to an abrupt end.  My girlfriend left me, I gradually lost touch with my friends, I got kicked out of UCR, my car got totalled, and I had to swallow my pride and move back with my folks.  Needless to say I was really deppressed during this time.  Everything I had worked for was gone.  It was during this time when I began to think of all the decisions, events, and situations that led to this outcome and I came to the conclusion that it was all my fault and nobody else was to blame.  This realization provided me with a new outlook on life and I was willing to make changes.  My family supported me all along this process and I wouldn't be where I am today if it wasn't for them.  I love them to death and there's nothing I wouldn't do for them.  I'm committed to success at any level in any stage and there's nothing that scares me.  I know what it's like to fail, but that's not going to deter me from giving it my all.  I feel like being involved in CLP is a calling, and I will treat it as such.  The events and decisions that have led up to this point have caused me to believe that this is the moment!  This is the time! I'm so glad to be part of a group that is excited and determined as I am to make a difference.  I'm really looking forward to working with all of you.  Let's go out there and make it happen!  

No comments:

Post a Comment